[Closed] Food Coma, Surabaya

Recently, my family and I had lunch at Food Coma. This is a multi-tenant eatery with cafe-style interior located in Rungkut area, which is a popular hang out district for youngsters. Food Coma itself has both indoor and outdoor spaces, and although the concept is like a food court, the payment is centralized on a counter. There are up to 10 tenants here, some that I saw were Recremeur, Eighteen Coffee and Pupu Bowls.

Es Kacang Merah
I did not try this red bean ice but they were generous with the red beans.

Nasi Cumi Hitam - IDR36,000
Mom got this from Rujakoe stall. She said this black squid rice was too pricey for its mediocre taste.

Nasi Gila - IDR25,000
From the Sedia Indonesian Food stall, my bro got this 'crazy rice'. I thought nasi gila would come in form of fried rice, but turned out it was normal plain rice with super little mix of sausages and egg. Skip this!







Above: Monjoo - IDR30,000
I got excited that I could find my favorite smoothie bowls here *reminiscing my Bali life*. Unfortunately, I was not into this Monjoo bowl, which consisted of spinach, pineapple, ginger, banana, orange, mango and apple juice. It tasted weird, perhaps because it was mixed with veggie and ginger.

Below: Honolulu - IDR40,000
I opted for Honolulu bowl consisting of papaya, mango, dragon fruit, pineapple, strawberry and appleThis bowl fared better than Monjoo. However, it was still a far cry from Nalu Bowls. Pupu Bowls' version was icier (kinda tasted like sorbet).

Overall, Food Coma is a nice place to hang out with your buddies as it caters to every individual's preference. The price is on the steep side for youngsters, and the centralized payment system is rather troublesome to me since it creates long queue. Why don't we just do the payment directly at the tenants?!

-

The Samator, 2nd Floor (Sky Suites SOHO)
Jl. Raya Kedung Baruk 26-28
Surabaya, Indonesia 60298
+6281285320434
Opening hours: 11am - 10pm (Mon - Thu & Sun) // 11am - 11pm (Fri - Sat)

Comments

Popular Posts